JOHOR HASH COUNCIL
(Gabungan Kelab Kelab Hash House Harriers Negeri Johor)
MINUTES OF 10TH ANNUAL DELEGATES MEETING
DATE: 04TH JULY, 2009 TIME: 2.00 PM
VENUE: THE CLUB-HOUSE OF YONG PENG HHH at No. 6-1, Tingkat Satu, Jalan Sutera, Taman Sutera, 83700 Yong Peng, Johor.
PRESENT: Yap Yau Chou (Chairman, Johor Bahru HHH);Lee Cheng Hoe, Lim Seng Bock (Tanjung Petri HHH);Bernard Lim, K.P. Shanmugam (JCSC Hash ); Tang Jee Kong (JB City Hash); Khoo Mun Hin (Kota Tinggi HHH); Gary Lai, Kent Teo (Penggaram Wankers HHH); Phua Yoke Na, Huan See Cheng (Yong Peng HHH); Varughese Mathews, Koid Tang Gwan (Cha’ah HHH); Chai Ah Yong, Thye Yuk Keong (Segamat HHH); Low Chee Meng, Sunny Tan (JB HH Hazards); P.Theenaparan, Ong Ka Chuan (Gunung Pulai HHH); Ang Hua Tiong, William Wong (Kulai HHH); Wong Kam Loong, Soh Choon Hock, Raymond Lim (Johor Bahru HHH); Ng See Sun (Skudai HHH);Chong Pak Seng (Gunung Lambak HHHH) and Gan Yean Hoi, Tan Hock Kim (Batu Pahat HHH).
OBSERVERS: Looi Nai Boon, M.Murugan (Malaysian Hash Council); Lucy (Api-Api Hash); Walking Tall (Royal Klang Club HHH) and James Bond; Antique Lim (Malacca Hash Council)
- THE CHAIRMAN’S OPEN ADDRESS
The Chairman Yap Yau Chou apologised to all the delegates for the lethargy and non-activity these past two years; he said due to work commitment coupled with the ill health of his Hon. Secretary, he was unable to discharge his duties efficiently. He hopes that the incoming chairman and his committee can do a better job and revive the spirit of cooperation amongst the Johor Hash chapters.
He thanked those who have in one way or another assisted the Johor Hash Council especially Yong Peng HHH who has always so graciously allow us the use of their premises for meetings.
- TO CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS ADM (05th April, 2008)
The Chairman said that the secretary is not well and the minutes cannot be prepared in time; however he said it will be circulated via email to all chapters. Lim Seng Bock proposed that the minutes be adopted subject to any objections from any of the chapters after the email has been sent; if there are any errors or objections the incoming committee shall have to address it and table it at the next ADM, if there are no amendments or objections then it shall be deemed to be adopted by this ADM. He was seconded by Wong Kam Loong.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
As there are no matters raised, the Chairman decided that we should move to the next item.
- TO RECEIVE THE ANNUAL REPORT OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR
Due to the lack of activities, there was not much to report and the Chairman once again apologised for this state of affairs which he regretted very much. Low Chee Meng then proposed that the annual report though brief and verbal shall be received as it is. He was seconded by Ang Hua Tiong.
- TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE AUDITED ACCOUNTS OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR
As the Treasurer Lee Tet Long was absent, Lim Seng Bock said he had been asked by the former to present the statement of account on his behalf. Also due to inactivity, the receipts and payments from previous year remained unchanged at RM7582.00. Phua Yoke Na proposed that the accounts be received and approved and was seconded by Ong Ka Chuan.
- TO ELECT A NEW COMMITTEE FOR THE YEAR 2009/2010
The meeting unanimously appointed Bernard Lim to chair the elections. The following persons were proposed and seconded for the respective posts and were declared elected unopposed by the temporary chairman as there were no other candidates.
Post Candidate Proposer Seconder ::
Chairman Lim Seng Bock K.P. Shanmugan Yap Yau Chou
Vice-Chairman K.P. Shanmugan Lim Seng Bock P. Theenaparan
Hash Name : Ninja .Tel : 019-7050468 . Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chairman Soh Choon Hock Wong Kam Loong Lee Cheng Hoe
Hash Name : So Big .Tel : 019-7543330 . Email : email@example.com
Secretary Lim Pay Yin Wong Kam Loong Raymond Lim
Hash Name : Coca-Cola .Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Secretary Raymond Lim Sunny Tan P. Theenaparan
Hash Name : Flintstone . Email : email@example.com
Treasurer Lee Cheng Hoe Lim Seng Bock Yap Yau Chou
Hash Name : Admiral . Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The incoming Chairman Lim Seng Bock proposed that the Grandmaster of each chapter shall ex-officio be the club representative in the committee; this proposal was unanimously accepted.
- TO APPOINT TWO HONORARY AUDITORS
The Chairman then invited the meeting to appoint two internal auditors; by popular acclamation Ong Ka Chuan and Chong Pak Seng were appointed auditors for the year 2009/2010.
- TO APPROVE THE BUDGET FOR THE ENSUING YEAR
The meeting decided that since the Council has just revived from dormancy, it is better for the incoming committee to chart the course of events and fix the budget accordingly after their first committee meeting.
- TO CONSIDER ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Lim Seng Bock raised the subject of the Annual Johor Joint Run which has been shelved for a couple of years; he said only Segamat Monday, Kahang, Layang-Layang, Muar Phoenix and Skudai have not hosted this annual gathering. He further added that the levy of RM30 be maintained and that the hosting chapter shall only be required to provide the basics and not to be too lavish. The main aim is to promote goodwill and fellowship among Johor hashers.
- K.P. Shanmugan proposed that we should do a charity run for the Red Crescent which Tengku Zarith can give us support; the meeting request that he furnishes more details to the incoming committee.
- Lee Cheng Hoe wants to know what happened to the affiliation-fees of Johor Chapters; Lim Seng Bock replied that since 2003 when Tan Too Giok (Captain) was the Treasurer the JHC has decided not to collect the affiliation-fees for the time being as there are not much expenses required.
- Chong Pak Seng expressed his displeasure over the JHC’s lack of activities and leadership for the last two and half years; he said as the GM of Gunung Lambak he found it extremely awkward when he is confronted by his own members about the well-being of the JHC to which he has no reply. He further hopes that the incoming committee makes it a point to take turns to go round all Johor to visit and foster relationship with affiliates.
- Lim Seng Bock explained to Chong Pak Seng that it is quite unfair to level criticism at the outgoing Chairman; he explained that at the time when the position fell vacant both the previous two Chairmen, Lim Seng Bock himself and Wong Kam Loong had some domestic predicaments that require their attention and Dato Rughber Singh from Muar was supposed to take over; due to whatever reasons the latter failed to turn up at that ADM and did not indicate his intention to assume the position and Yap Yau Chou was more or less ‘forced’ into the chair; coupled with the fact that his Secretary has some health problems the JHC was thus crippled.
- Thye Yuk Keong requests that the JHC sets up a Website so that all information from all Johor chapters can be posted therein; Raymond Lim assured him that he and the new Secretary Lim Pay Yin will be working it soon.
- Tan Hock Kim and Chong Pak Seng expressed the hope that the JHC committee should not be monopolised by JB chapters only; Lim Seng Bock replied that unlike previous terms, the other districts are not quite willing to take up the positions, he further added that in the past there were reps from Kluang and Muar but due to distance they find it difficult to communicate; perhaps in this modern day and age with new lines of contact this problem will solve by itself.
- Ang Hua Tiong brought up the subject of Hash calendar of events clashing; the incoming chairman then requested that all those chapters who are hosting functions to submit their dates and details early to the JHC secretary who will post it on the Website; this calendar will also be relayed to the MHC for coordination on a national level.
- The new Chairman then invited those chapters who will be hosting functions to announce on the spot.
- Koid Tang Gwan announced that Cha’ah HHH will be hosting their 22nd Anniversary on 07th November 2009 and the levy is RM60.
- Tan Hock Kim informed that Batu Pahat HHH will be holding their annual dinner and dance on 12th December 2009 and the cost is RM80 per person.
- Phua Yoke Na announced that Yong Peng HHH will organise a Hantu Run on 21st August 2009 and the registration fee is RM40.
- Gary Lai from Penggaram Wankers announced that his chapter will be celebrating their 777 Run on 29th August 2009 and the event is FOC for Batang chapters only.
- Lee Cheng Hoe the GM of Tanjung Petri HHH announced that they will be hosting their 30th Anniversary on 10th October 2009 and the levy is RM60 and the event is strictly for Batangs only.
- The Chairman then invited the distinguished observers to address the meeting to canvass for their respective functions
- The first to address the meeting was M. Murugan, Chairman of Malaysian Hash Council; he gave a brief background on the general principles and tenets of hashing and also expressed his hope that the hashing brotherhood will burgeon and foster friendly relationship among chapters and more statewide joint runs will be organised; he congratulated the JHC for being the first state to have such an umbrella body. He also hopes that the Johor chapters will contribute their full support for national hash functions.
- Looi Nai Boon (Uncle Looi) then held the floor to beseech those chapters that are not already affiliated to MHC to do so immediately as he has brought with him the relevant forms.
- Walking Tall then addressed the meeting to canvass support for the Malaysian Nash Hash which will be hosted by Royal Klang Club HHH from 12th to 14th March 2010; he then passed the registration forms around and announced that if each chapter can list out a group of 10 in each form, the registration fee shall be RM200 per participant instead of RM250 stated in the form; this is a special offer to Johor chapters.
- Antique Lim from the Malacca Hash Council canvassed support for the 1st World Heritage Run in Malacca which also coincides with the celebrations of the 500th anniversary of the Portuguese arrival in Malacca; the event will be over 15th to 17th April 2011 and the registration fee is RM150
- Next Lucy from Api-Api Hash (Sabah) promoted their 15th Anniversary Run on 19th-20th March, 2010; the levy is RM150. She passed the forms to those present and received an overwhelming response.
- There being other business, Varughese Mathews then proposed that meeting be adjourned and was seconded by Koid Tang Gwan; the chairman adjourned the meeting at 3.45 pm
Lim Seng Bock Lim Pay Yin